The only point that goes against Farmers Homeowners Insurance is that it has more expensive premium rates than compared to others. The good news is that it offers coverage for a large variety of homes that are not usually taken up ny other insurance companies such as older homes and even vacant properties.
Farmers Homeowners Insurance offers a diversified range of home insurance products which includes condos and farm houses, vacant or rented properties, seasonal or vacation homes, and older homes.
Farmers offers good value for the premium paid as it covers, for example, not just a fixed depreciated amount but the full replacement value of lost or stolen items like jewelry without set limits. Its limits for loss-of-use compensation, when you need to reside elsewhere during the repairs or damage to the property, is also higher as compared to others.
A few more distinguishing factors in case of Farmers are given below:
- In case of poor credit scores, you can expect to get due coverage from Farmers.
- It also offers certain incentives for payment of premium which can discount your applicable premiums.
- Farmers also offers certain optional coverage that are not available elsewhere.
- It also offers claims forgiveness, which means that even if you make a claim your premiums will not be enhanced on subsequent years.
- Another advantage is that Farmers insurance policies are available in all 50 states of USA.
- The strong point in favor of Farmers is that it offers comprehensive home insurance policies and optional coverage to customize your policy against certain perils.
The customer service is good but not very outstanding. This is reflected from the average ratings that Farmers got in the J.D. Power customer satisfaction survey.
As such Farmers does not offer any discounts, but you can benefit if you bundle your car insurance with your home insurance.